LinkedIn For Career Launchers with Angela Dunz
These stats should come as no surprise: more than 20,000 US organizations use LinkedIn to recruit, 94% of recruiters use LinkedIn to vet candidates, and there are 15 million active jobs listed on the social networking site. LinkedIn is a must when you’re actively looking for a job, when you might be looking for a job, and even when you’re not looking for a job but open to hearing what’s out there.
Career launchers have asked us a myriad of questions about LinkedIn, such as:
- How can I get seen – or better yet stand out – compared to people with way more experience?
- How do I write my profile if I don’t know what job I’m looking for?
- There’s a lot of content to fill in – what parts matter most?
- What if I don’t have any paid work experience?
- Isn’t LinkedIn just an online version of my resume?
- I’m still in school – what do I say my title is?
We talked to Angela Dunz, director of training at Vengreso, The Digital Sales Transformation Company, who’s been helping people make the most of their LinkedIn profile for more than six years, and she gave us the scoop on what career launchers need to know to make the most out of their LinkedIn profile.